My name is Jill Revette. I am twenty years old. Through out my one and half years here at South Alabama I have learned many different teaching tools that can be used in the classroom. I plan on graduating in May of 2011 with a Bachelors in Science, Elementary Education. Some teaching tools I plan on using in my classroom are Alabama Virtual Library, the "Head Fake", Blogs, Podcasts, and iGoogle.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Podcasts as Teaching Tools

Podcasts are a teaching tool that I just became familiar with. Podcasts are very similar to the radio, but the only difference is that these podcasts can be created by anyone, even you and I. They connect and can be heard by anyone in the world. To create a podcast it can be recorded through a microphone hooked to the computer or it can be recorded with a video camera. After making these recordings they must be uploaded to iTunes and also approved by them. However, podcasts can be used to connect educators to their students. Podcasts are not only used by people who are bored but also by students voicing their opinion. Also, their are many educational podcasts that you can subscribe to on iTunes that we learned about in my EDM310 class. If you want to learn more about podcasts used in education check out KidCast, Connect Learning, and SmartBoard Lessons Podcast that can all be found on iTunes.

No comments: