My name is Jill Revette. I am twenty years old. Through out my one and half years here at South Alabama I have learned many different teaching tools that can be used in the classroom. I plan on graduating in May of 2011 with a Bachelors in Science, Elementary Education. Some teaching tools I plan on using in my classroom are Alabama Virtual Library, the "Head Fake", Blogs, Podcasts, and iGoogle.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"Head Fake" as a Teaching Tool

The "Head Fake" is a teaching tool I learned from a man named Randy Pausch, who gave "The Last Lecture." We watched "The Last Lecture" on another thing that can be used as a teaching tool YouTube. Pausch explains that a "head fake" is when you teach people something without them being aware that they are actually learning. The man I am speaking of did this by creating a software that taught his students computer design while playing a game that related to the popular movie, Alice and Wonderland. I believe this tool would be especially convenient when teaching Elementary Education because children do not have the longest attention span. Also, children can be tricked into learning things easier by using tools like painting and games. Other things I think could be useful in this category are songs. Children are more willing to learn when their teachers make it fun for them.

No comments: