My name is Jill Revette. I am twenty years old. Through out my one and half years here at South Alabama I have learned many different teaching tools that can be used in the classroom. I plan on graduating in May of 2011 with a Bachelors in Science, Elementary Education. Some teaching tools I plan on using in my classroom are Alabama Virtual Library, the "Head Fake", Blogs, Podcasts, and iGoogle.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Alabama Virtual Library as a Teaching Tool

The Alabama Virtual Library, also known as the A.V.L., is a group of internet resources that can be used by student, teachers, or even just citizen of the state of Alabama. The site consists of magazines, journals, and news paper articles that can be helpful to the public. One way to use the site is to get an Alabama Virtual Library Card that you can get from any of the Public Libraries here in Mobile.

The other way the site can be useful is the database search. This tool allows you to find information but selecting an age group or a topic, ranging from Adult Education to Social Sciences. This site can also be used to find a specific magazine or journal, however it is only virtual copy of th information it is still very helpful to people. The Alabama Virtual Library can be useful to pretty much anyone living in Alabama but it is especially useful for college students and teachers.

No comments: