My name is Jill Revette. I am twenty years old. Through out my one and half years here at South Alabama I have learned many different teaching tools that can be used in the classroom. I plan on graduating in May of 2011 with a Bachelors in Science, Elementary Education. Some teaching tools I plan on using in my classroom are Alabama Virtual Library, the "Head Fake", Blogs, Podcasts, and iGoogle.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Blogs as Teaching Tools

I believe blogging is a new form of technology that could greatly help in the education field. Blogs are home ages such as the one seen here. A blog can be created to communicate between parents, students, and teachers. In the classroom I believe if each teacher and student had a blog such as in my EDM 310 class at South Alabama it would be easier to connect to the class not only at school but also while they're at home. It is somewhat like a virtual journal where we can voice our opinions and show the information we are learning in the class. I have learned that blogs are more convenient than sending out e-mails to each and every student. When students asks the teachers questions they can be seen by other students who may have had the same questions. Besides how it is used in my education class I think it would be helpful for younger students also because parents can see what is going on inside the class room.

No comments: