My name is Jill Revette. I am twenty years old. Through out my one and half years here at South Alabama I have learned many different teaching tools that can be used in the classroom. I plan on graduating in May of 2011 with a Bachelors in Science, Elementary Education. Some teaching tools I plan on using in my classroom are Alabama Virtual Library, the "Head Fake", Blogs, Podcasts, and iGoogle.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

iGoogle as Teaching Tool

iGoogle is an amazing tool for virtual teaching. The concept of this tool allows the class and teacher to connect and all be able to use specific tools chosen by the teacher for their classmates to use. The teacher creates the page and can give the students the password. It is very convenient to give students an easy password to remember. Google allows teachers to choose a number of tabs ranging from music to art to history. Under each of the tabs the teacher can choose "tools" provided by Google. Certain tools seem more appropriate under certain tabs. For example, some tools I put under the Art Tab of my EDM310 iGoogle page are online painter and biblical art. I chose to a game tab because my major is Elementary Education and their is nothing kids love more than games. Some tools I chose for this tab are an educational one such the spelling game and then others that are just for fun such as pac man.

No comments: